My Whats App : +91-8398957646
OBJECTIVESS OF STUDY
Ř The main objective of the study is to find out the level of satisfaction among the internal customers.
Ř To know the present status of the suppliers in terms of their supplied material & services.
Ř To collect and evaluate ideas/views and expectations of the internal customers for the improvement in suppliers performance.
Ř To make company's internal suppliers aware about the dissatisfaction part of their customers.
Ř To find out the most prominent area of dissatisfaction.
Ř To enhanced the communication & co-operation between the internal suppliers and their customers.
The quality and reliability of research study is dependent on the information collected in a scientific and methodological manner. Scientific planning of designing of research method is a blue print for any research study. Therefore, proper time and attention should be given in designing the plan of research. While proper definition of problem tells the researcher where he has to go, proper design tells him how he should go. Selection of methodology for a particular project is made easy by sorting out a number of alternative approaches, each of them having its own advantage and disadvantages. Efficient design is that which ensure that the relevant data are collected accurately.
The researcher has to think about what procedure and techniques should be adopted in the study. He should arrive at the final choice by seeing that the methodology chosen for project is indeed the best one, when compared with others.
RESEARCH DESIGN :
Research design is the first and foremost step in methodology adopted and undertaking research study. It is overall plan for the collection and analysis of data in the research project. Thus it is an organized, systematic approach to be the formulation, implementation and control of research project.
Infact a well planned and well balanced research design guards against collection of irrelevant data and achieves the result in the best possible way.
SAMPLE DESIGN :-
The universe of study being large, researcher has to resort to sampling method of data collection. On the basis of a section of the universe selected in a prescribed manner one is able to deduce for the universe. For the sample results to be applicable on the universe, sample should be adequately chosen so to make it representative and reliable.
Population : General Managers in the operation.
Sample : Sample covers the respondents of 20 departments.
Ř DATA COLLECTION METHOD :
Data are the bricks with which the researcher has to make a house. While the quality of research findings depend on data, the adequacy of appropriate data in turn depends upon proper method of data collection. A number of methods are at the disposal of the researcher of which one has to select the most appropriate one for visualizing the research objective. Thus he has to see that the method adopted is compatible with the resources and research study.
a) Primary Data : Data which are collected fresh and for the first time and thus happens to be original in character. Primary data are gathered for specific purpose.
b) Secondary data : Data that collected from primary data i.e., they are already exit some where. For the purpose of our study we collected both the data.
Ř For the purpose of this study we collected :
Secondary data through induction manual, magazines, corporate journals and web site &
Primary data through.
a) Questionnaire method.
b) Interview method.
In our study the main emphasis was on the questionnaire method. We used questionnaire method which consisted of 4 attributes and again they were further divided into 12 parameter. Question, which were asked, were of multiple choice in nature and were of closed ended.
Personal interview were also conducted. There was face to face conversation between researcher and the respondents. All the answers were recorded while interview was in progress. Through interviewing, additional information was received regarding our study.
Ř Data Analysis :
Data collected, if not subjected to analysis is meaningless. For the purpose, data after collection has to be presented in the form of tables, diagrams and graphs. It is only after presentation that data can be analyzed, interpreted and inferences can be drawn.
The likert scale has been used for getting the responses through questionnaire.
We used 5 point scale, which are assigned to degree of satisfaction level of the respondent with regard to the effectiveness of training which was imparted to them during the last year.
The responses were collected and analyzed on the above mentioned 5 point scale. We used weighted score and weighted average for the purpose of presenting our findings in the Radar Chart and Pyramid Chart.
Weighted Score : This score was observed for every individual attribute for each department. The score was obtained as :
Ř No. of response X Weights
These score were used to make Radar chart type (spider chart) for the presentation of the performance of a particular department on 12 Parameters. The purpose of making Spider Chart is to locate the position of department on each parameter.
Ř Weighted Average :
We get the Weighted Average for each attribute by :
Weighted Score / Total department (respondent) score
Through this method the weighted average for each individual parameter of a particular department was obtained. And through these W.A. we calculated the mean of the weighted average of a dept. Sum of the weighted averages of all the department
Ř Total No. of attributes.
This is the required weighted average, which we get for a department as a representative of the performance with respect to others.
This weighted average was then used to make a pyramid chart to show the performance of the departments on 5 point scale.
Ř Department-wise analysis :
We derive a rating scale in continuous series with a common class interval by using the following methodology.
We take difference between highest and lowest rating obtained by the 2 departments (HRD-3.33 & Civil-2.15) & further divided by 4 so that to make a continuous series of 4 classes with a common difference of 0.295 and assign it the measurement criteria.
We used the above measurement criteria in our department-wise. Analysis chart also show the performance of each internal supplier as compared to other.
Methods of evaluation
1. The opinion and judgment of head of the department .
2. Asking the head of the department to fill up evaluation forms.
3. Use of questionnaire .
4. Giving oral and written test .
5. Comparing departments performance.
6. Analysis of efficiency & effectiveness of time.
Limitations of the study
As no person is perfect in this world , in the same way no study can be considered as fully reliable at one glance . there are a number of uncontrollable factors acting as limitations in conducting the study . some of such limitations encountered by me in our study are -
1. Non - availability of secondary data compelled me to start from the very minute information .
2. Respondents in some department gave biased responses for fear of their position in the company. This may have influenced the results .
3. Some people at top level were afraid and showed complete reluctance to give responses to some questions.
After conducting the survey and analysis the data collected, it can be concluded that:-
1. The employees are not much aware of internal customer supplier concept.
2. Employees of different departments believe in concentrating only upon their departmental functions.
3. Things are seen from department point of view and not from organization’s point of view.
4. Certain problems which are faced by almost every department are:-
a) Inconsistency in quality of product/service supplied by the respective suppliers.
b) No group discussions, workshops or customer care programmes take place between the customer - supplier deptts.
c) Requirement of a lot of follow up to the work done.
5. Quality of the product service provided needs improvement.
6. Lacking of customer training & knowledge sharing.
7. Need of improvement in feedback communication.
8. There is a need for the adoption of innovative tools and techniques.
9. Communication, coordination and feedback to internal customer to be strengthened.
10. There was no flexibility in adopting cost control techniques.
11. Lot of wastage of resources and under utilization machine/men-hours.
12. There was no promptness of service/response to the customer department.
13. Irregular availability of data, records and diagnostics approach to the customer deptt.
14. There was no consistency in services and lengthy strength.
15. Internet was limited.
16. No routine check-up of pc and printers.
General suggestions for improving internal customer satisfaction to be followed by the organization to be really successful in exploiting the fullest potential of their employees are as follows:
1. Cost control measures
3. Pre-detection & proper maintenance of old dg sets
4. Consistency in quality of steam
5. Adherence to delivery commitments
6. Participative planning with customers
7. Communication and coordination should be more effective
8. Optimizing of machine and men-hours
9. Needs improvement in quality of product and services provided
10. Submission of summarized quality reports daily
11. To highlight problem and record the solution
12. Resistance in accepting the feedback regarding damages
13. Advanced information regarding any new quality is needed
14. To be more effective in inventory control and ordering through diagnostic approach
15. Training and knowledge sharing of financial reports
16. Provide advanced information about the failure
17. Needs better planning of procurement of packing material
18. Improve customer service in all respects
19. Resolve day to day problem quickly
20. Improvement in timely payment
Internal customer satisfaction survey
Internal customer dept._____________________________________________
Internal supplier dept._____________________________________________
Rate the answer on a scale 5.
· Kindly give your expectation from the service department which has not met