MBA Project Report Human Resource Management System
MBA Project Report Human Resource Management System
Human Resource Management System Introduction :
"Human Resource Management System is a systematic procedure for collecting, storing, maintaning and validating data needed by an organization about its human resources."
HRMS shapes an interaction between human resource management and information technology. It merges HRM as a discipline and in particular its basic HR activities and processes with the information technology field, whereas the planning and programming of data processing system evolved into standardized routines and packages of enterprise resource planning[ERP] software. On the whole, these ERP System have their origin on software that integrates information from different applications into one universal database. The linkage of its financial and human resource modules through one data base is the most important distinction to the individually and propriety developed predecessors, which make this software rigid and flexible.
"HRMS is the handy software application helps the employer take care of the host of human resource functions using just one handy tool."
Rather then taking employees attendance in one database program and employees performance reviews in another word processing program , an employer can use HRMS to consolidate all of that data into one convenient employee profile system.
Using HRMS, an employer can configure payroll and benefits systems create and manage training systems and even track performance review. This kind of electronic data tracking makes managing employees needs much easier and enables employees to focus on other needs. Even if an employer does have a human resource director, HRMS can streamline the process of keeping track of employee’s payroll, benefits and review data.
Application of HRMS
- Training management
- Risk management
- Turnover analysis
- Succession planning
- Flexible-benefits administration
- Legal requirement
- Attendance and reporting analysis
- Accident reporting
- Financial planning
- Strategy planning
Distinctions between HRM and HRMS
HRM is a management which relates to the recruit, selects and develops members for on organization. In HRM all work done under traditional System.
Human Resource Management System is a systematic procedure for Collecting storing maintaining and validating data needed by an organization about it human Resources. In HRMS all works done in computer it based on new technology. Different types at HRMS Software available in market.
Objectives of Human Resource Management System
The Human Resource Management System (HRMS) modules aim is to manage employee’s information by paperwork in the personal department. HRMS is the most important at HRM because it provides systematic and accurate information about the employees of the organization.
So HRMS objective are as following:-
- Manage the recruitment of a workforce.
- Track development related to employees.
- It provides reports on period-to-period details of employees.
- Give training program and information to all new employees.
- Improving manpower plan and the effective utilization of manpower across the organization.
Functions of Human Resource Management System :
The functions of HRMS can be broadly stated as:-
(1) Organizational set up and configuration
- Defining organization al structure and hierarchy.
- Updating organization structure and hierarchy.
- Defining and maintaining employee classification and hierarchy.
- Set up access and approval levels.
- Advertisements in various forms.
- Application processing
- Written tests and group discussions
- Updated lists for campus recruitments
(3) Employee details maintenance
- Maintaining service records of employees
(4) Employee benefits details maintenance
- Taking changes in salary scales and allowances
- Producing appropriate reports
- Verifying registering and updating professional membership
- Allowances and claims processing
- Issuing loans and advances
(5) Attendance management
- Tracking attendance registers
- Tracking late arrivals
- Tracking overtime
(6) Training details maintenance
- Tracking budgetary allocations
- Tracking internal training programmes
- Maintaining details of training institutions
- Maintaining training requests and requirements details
- Maintaining post-training details
- Maintaining post-training work reallocations
(7) Allocations, transfers and deputation management
- Allocations, transfers and deputation management
- Maintaining deputation details
- Generating transfer details
(8) Performance-appraisal management
- Maintaining details of timely performance-appraisal reports.
- Maintaining details of ratings from appraisal officers
- Generating details of reminders for performance-appraisal reports
(9) Promotion-details management
- Generating lists of eligible candidates
- Grading eligible candidates
- Maintaining details of promotions
(10) Leave-details management
- Crediting leave to employee accounts
- Maintaining details of leave availed and required approvals
- Maintaining details of leave encashment
- Validating details of residuals leave
(11) Separation-details management
- Updating details of terminal benefits
- Registering details of employee benefits
(12) Manpower planning
- Maintaining transfer details
- Maintaining succession details
- Generating MIS reports
- Generating current human resources details
Principle Areas of HRMS
2. Time and labors management
3. Benefits of administration
4. HR management
The payroll module automates the pay process by gathering data on employee time and attendance, calculating, various deductions and taxes, and generating periodic pay cheques and employee tax reports
The Time and Labor Management module
It applies new technology and methods (time collection devices) to cost effectively gather and evaluate employee time/work information. The most advanced modules provide broad flexibility in data collection methods, as well as labor distribution capability and data analysis features.
The Benefits of Administration module:-
Permits HR professionals to easily administer and track employee participation in benefits programs ranging from healthcare provider, insurance policy, and pension plan to profit sharing or stock option plans
The HR management module:-
Is a components component covering all other HR aspects from application to retirement. The system records basic demographic and address data, selection training and development capabilities and skills managements, compensation planning records and other related activities.
In short HR activities shit away from paper based processes to using self-services functionalities that benefits employee, managers and HR professionals alike.
Process of HRMS
As with any major change, proper planning is an absolute necessity for successful implementation of an HRMS, the steps outlined below describe the specific procedures involved in successfully developing and implementing an HRMS.
Inception of idea :
The idea for having and HRMS must originate somewhere. The originator of the idea should prepare a preliminary report showing the need for an HRMS and what can do for the organizations.
Feasibility study :
Feasibility study evaluates the present system and details the benefits of HRMS. It evaluates the costs and benefits of HRMS.
Selecting a project team :
The project team should consist of an HR representative who is knowledge of about the organization’s HR function and representative from both management information system and payroll.
Defining the requirements :
A statement of requirement specific in detail exactly what is the HRMS will do. A large part of the statement of requirements normally deals with the details of the reports that will be produced. the statement also describes other specific requirements.
Vendor Analysis :
This step determines what hardware and software are available that will best meet the organization’s need for the lowest price.
Package contract negotiation :
After a vendor has been selected , a contract must be negotiated. The contract stipulates the Vendor’s responsibilities with regard to software, installation, service, maintenance, training, and documentation.
First, the member of the project team are trained to use the HRMS.
Collecting the data :
Prior to start up of the system, data must be collected and entering into the system.
Testing the System :
Once the system has been tailored to the organization’s need and the data entered the periods of testing follows. The purpose of the testing is to verify the output of HRMS and to make sure it is doing what it is supposed to do.
Starting Up :
Start up begins when all the current actions are put into the system and report are produced. Even through the system has been tested, some additional errors often surface during start up.
Running in parallel :
Even after the new HRMS has been tested, it is desirable to run the new system in parallel with the old system for a period of time.
It normally takes several of weeks or even months for the HR people to feel comfortable with the new system. During the stabilization period, any remaining errors and adjustment should be handled.
After the HRMS has been in place for a reasonable length of time, the system should be evaluated.
Components of HRMS
- Hardware resources
- Software resources
- Data resources
- Model resources
- Human resources
Benefits of HRMS
HRMS provides a lot of information a lots of benefits to an organization. with the help of HRMS work become shorter, faster and more efficiently to manage every aspect of organization benefits are as follows;-
- Get detailed employee information instantly
- Manage employees resources systematically
- Share information efficiently
- Simplify employees benefits
- Increase employees satisfaction
- Increase productivity
- Keep information confidential
- Get a single source of truth
- Optimize compensation plan
Improving Effectiveness of HRMS
- Specific HRMS objective should be outlined on the basis of the type of performance required to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- HRMS program should be helped to see the need for HR by making him aware of the personal benefits he can achieve through performance.
- HRMS program should be planned so that it is related to organizational goals.
- Attempt should be made to create organizational conditions that are conductive to a good environment.
- It should be recognized that the software which are selected according to organization
- As the project acquires new data collection system of employees applies them in job situations.
- System should be easy to understand by employees and feasibility of system also an important thing.
- Provide full knowledge of the HRMS.
- Constructive feed back must be important for the organization.
Objectives of the Project
- To know the Distinction of Human Resource Management (HRM) and Human Resource Management System (HRMS) in the organization.
- To know how help the HRD department to evaluate the effectiveness of the HRMS program.
- To know how help the HRD department to know the importance of the HRMS.
- To know help the HRD department understand the need of the organization.
- To know the functions of Human Resource Management System in the organization.
- To know benefits of Human Resource Management System in the organization.
Project Description :
Title : MBA HR Project Report on Role of HRMS in an Organization - 62 Pages
This project is our paid category, its cost is Rs. 2499/- only without Synopsis and Rs. 2999/- only with synopsis. If you need this project, mail us at this id : email@example.com or Call me at +91-8398957646.
We will send you a hardcopy with hard binding and a softcopy in CD from courier.