My Whats App : +91-8398957646
Project Report on Executive Development at Grasim Industries (A Unit of Aditya Birla Group)
HR Project Report on Executive Development at Grasim Industries (A Unit of Aditya Birla Group)
Introduction Towards Topic
One of the most complicated and difficult task of human resource management is to develop manager or executives. From the last decade a large emphasis has been given on the executive development. Due to the sudden drastic changes, which took place during this period in the area of management development, this phase was come to be known as 'Management Revolution'.
The competitive organizations select the talented personnel and time to time take special measures to develop these personnel's so that the adequate inventory of management skill should be available for future. The executive development looks for the development of present and future executives in the organizations. The terms training and development are often confused. Although training helps employees to do their current jobs, the benefits of the training may extend throughout a person's career and help develop that person for future responsibilities. Development in contrast, helps the individual to handle future responsibilities with the little concern on current job duties.
The term Development can be defined as the nature and direction of change taking place among personnel through educational and training processes. Training Provides knowledge and skills required to perform the job. It can be viewed as job oriented learning leading to an observable change in the behaviour of the trainee in the form of increased ability to perform the job. On the other hand although development is still job related, it is much broader in scope. It enhances general know ledge related to a job as well as the ability to adapt to change. Development programmes were started for middle managers as well as the top management.
Thus, training appeared to be an improper destination for learning a variety of complex, difficult and intangible functions of management personnel. Development of an individual is due lo his/her day -to day experience on the job. Therefore, one must emphasize that development is high individual and is self-development too. It must be generated a within the man himself. No amount of coercion can produce development in a hostile and apathetic manager.
Execute Development Meaning :
Executive development is considered as a systematic process of learning and growth through which executives gain and apply the knowledge, skills, and attitude to their jobs in the organizations efficiently and effectively. Executive development relates experience with learning. The main purpose of executive development is that managers should learn from their experiences. With the help of executive development the executives learn to improve their behaviour and performance. This process of learning is targeted towards the implication that there will be changed behaviour on the part of individual who are provided with adequate training and education.
Executive Development Definitions :
Some of the important definitions of executive development are:
- In the words of Edwin. B. Flippo, "'Executive development includes the processes by which the managers and executives acquire not only skills and competency in their present jobs but also capabilities for future managerial tasks of increasing difficulty and scope."
- According to Michael J. Jucious, "Executive development is the programme by which executive capacities to achieve desired objectives are increased."
According lo S.B Bhudiraja, former Managing Director of Indian Oil Corporation has viewed that, "Any designed to improve the performance of existing managers and to provide for planned growth of managers to meet future organizational requirements is called management development."
Therefore planned effort to improve current and fixture performable of the executives or the managers is called the executive development.
Features of Executive Development
1. Continuous Process : Executive development is a continuous process because there is no fixed time limit for learning. It is not a one shot activity and continues throughout the career of the mangers.
2. Long Process : Executive development is a long process and takes time. It is time consuming because skills of the managers Cannot be developed overnight.
3. Planned Activity : Executive development is a well planned, organized and systematic activity. It is not a trial and error approach.
4. Involves Stresses and Strains : Development does Hotcakes place in the total peaceful and relaxed atmosphere. It involves stresses and strains.
5. Conducive Environment : Executive development needs conducive environment which should be encouraging and stimulating. Further, it a so require that adequate feedback should be received about the degree of development of the personnel.
6. Guided Self Development : Executive development can only be made possible only when the manager himself wants to learn. The individual must have the desire to learn and practice chat he is taught. Coercion can never lead to the development of executives or the managers.
Need and Importance of Executive Development
In modern organizations there is a great need of executive or management development programmes. The quality of managers greatly affects the achievement of goals of the organization as Tic difference in the price policy, inventory policy, marketing and production policy is explained through the quality of management. Executive development thus helps in maintaining the efficient manpower through which organizational objectives can be achieved. The need for executive development is felt due to the following reasons:
1. Increase in Complexities and Size of the Organization:
In the phase of increasing competition the size and complexities of the organizations is continuously increasing. Due to this reason the mangers need to be developed to handle the complicated problems of these organizations.
2. Shortage of Trained Personnel :
It is very difficult to recruit and select the personnel according to the requirements. The need mostly arises to develop the personnel so that they could perform their assigned tasks effectively and efficiently, which is done through executive development.
3. Technological Changes:
The technological changes are rapidly talking place in this competitive business environment. The modern business organizations are continuously introducing the net equipments, machines, and methods of production. So the mangers require the latest knowledge of these new techniques and technology which is provided through executive development.
4. Socio Cultural Changes:
The rapid change also occurs in the socio cultural environment and for understanding the behaviour of the people in the proper perspective there is a great need to develop the managers. -
5. Changes in Labour Management Relation :
Executive development is needed due to the reason that there are frequent changes in the labour management relations and with the help of executive development the managers can ensure industrial peace in the organization.
6. Social Responsibility of Management :
Due to the changing business philosophy, the social responsibility is widely recognized by the business leaders. So the increased management tasks arising out of the fulfilling social responsibility have made the executive develop nt necessary in the corporate world.
7. Increased Professionalism :
Management of public utilities, state enterprises and civic bodies are being professionalized for the purpose of improving the operational efficiency. This professionalism is ensured through executive development.
8. Unending Process :
Management development is used for imparting knowledge about the latest concepts and as learning is an unending process, this makes the executive development as an unending process.
Process of Executive Development
Following essential steps are followed in the process of executive development:
1. Analysis of Development Needs:
In the first step the present and future developmental needs of the organization are ascertained. It becomes important to determine that hot manly and what type of executives required for meeting the present and future needs of the organization. Following procedure is followed in determining the development needs in the business organization:
- Analyzing the organizational structure for the purpose of determining what the organization needs in the terms of departments and key executive positions.
- Preparing the job descriptions and specifications for all key executive positions
Determining the type of knowledge and skills required for performing the job on each key executive position.
2. Appraisal of Present Managerial Talent:
In this step the qualitative assessment of the existing executives is done for determining the type of executive talent available within the organization. Following steps are followed for the appraisal of present managerial talent:
- The actual performance of the present executives is compared with the standard performance.
- Personal traits of the executives are also studied for estimating their potential for the development.
3. Inventory of Executive Manpower:
In this step an inventory of qualified executive personnel is prepared so that the information about each executive on each position can be obtained easily. A card is prepared for each member of the executive team listing the name, age, education, experience, health record, length of service, results and performance appraisal data. This information is then used for selecting the executives fit the development programme as per their background.
4. Planning Individual Development Programme:
The strengths and weaknesses of eat executive are identified on the basis of their performance appraisal. On the basis of the information the special executive development programmes are developed which suit the interest and needs of the executives.
5. Establishment of Training and Development Programme:
In this step the comprehension and well conceived programmes are prepared by the human resource department. After identifying the development needs, the department launches special courses in the fake of leadership, decision making, and human relation. The human resource department also recommends the names of the executives for the special executive development programmes and on the basis of their recommendations the top management nominates the executives who then participate in the special executive development programmes.
6. Evaluation of the Development Programme:
The huge amount of money, time and effort are incurred on designing the executive development programmer, so it become necessary to find out to what extent the programme objectives have been achieved. The evaluation of the programmes will reveal the relevance of the development programmer and further changes that should be made to make these programmes more useful for the Organization.
Objectives of the Project
- To find out the Executive Development at Grasim Industries Bhiwani.
- To know about what help given to the employees from department to evaluate the effectiveness of the training programs.
- To know about the help provided to the employees from HRD department to evaluate shortcoming in the training programs.
- To know about HRD department understands the need of the employee.
- To know about how executive development is to provide the new and better opportunities to the executives so that they can fulfill their career aspirations.
Grasim Bhiwani Textiles Ltd is a subsidiary of Grasim Industries Ltd having strong presence in manufacturing of Polyester Viscose fabric catering the market under brands GRASIM & GRAVIERA as also exporting it’s fabric to various reputed brands.
The company has it’s manufacturing facility in Bhiwani Haryana and it’s Marketing & Sales Office at New Delhi. The company is spread across the geography through a large network of dealers , agents and retail outlets.
The company utilizes strong manufacturing facilities comprising of Fibre Dying , Yarn Spinning , Weaving , Processing and Folding with state-of-the-art machines , processes and professional environment.
- The company also has strong presence in International market catering to the fabric need of International brands.
- The company has strong Design and Development team which conceptualizes and develops designs as per fashion standards and market needs.
- The company also has it’s product range of RMG Ready made Garments with exclusive design and qualities.
INSTITUTIONAL / CORPORATE WEAR
We value your uniform requirements and with our in house R&D and QA facilities, we are able to supply the required quality at the right time. To name a few, our list of clients includes:
- Indian Army
- Indian Air Force
- TVS Group
- ESSAR Group
- Cooperative Sugar Mills
- Cement plants
On the one hand our Dope Dyed/Fibre Dyed fabrics ensure excellent consistency in colours coupled with higher shade fastness w.r.t. washing, rubbing, sun light etc, leaving almost no room for lot to lot shade variations, on the other hand Polyster/Viscose blend offers skin friendly wear ability for 10-12 hours without getting the uniform crushed. The quality standards that we have benchmarked ourselves against, are the best not only in the country but across the globe. It is not only our customer service and timely delivery but also taking care of your development needs.
- Suit lengths
- Safari Lengths
- Shirt Piece + Trouser Piece Combo Pack
- Trouser Lengths
- Readymade Shirts
- Readymade Jackets
- Readymade Suits
- In attractive gift packs.
GLOBAL VISION, INDIAN VALUES
A US $40 billion corporation, the Aditya Birla Group is in the League of Fortune 500. It is anchored by an extraordinary force of over 136,000 employees belonging to 42 different nationalities. The Group has been ranked Number 4 in the global ‘Top Companies for Leaders’ survey and ranked Number 1 in Asia Pacific for 2011. ‘Top Companies for Leaders’ is the most comprehensive study of organisational leadership in the world conducted by Aon Hewitt, Fortune Magazine, and RBL (a strategic HR and Leadership Advisory firm).
Over 53 per cent of the Aditya Birla Group’s revenues flow from its overseas operations. The Group operates in 36 countries – Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China, Egypt, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Italy, Ivory Coast, Japan, Korea, Laos, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Poland, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, UAE, UK, USA, and Vietnam.
Aditya Birla Group – The Global Scenario
Around the world, Grasim known for:
A metals powerhouse, among the world’s most cost-efficient aluminium and copper producers. Hindalco-Novelis is the largest aluminium rolling company. It is one of the three biggest producers of primary aluminium in Asia, with the largest single location copper smelter
- No.1 in viscose staple fibre
- No.1 in carbon black
- The fourth-largest producer of insulators
- The fifth-largest producer of acrylic fibre
- Among the top 10 cement producers
- Among the best energy-efficient fertiliser plants
- The largest Indian MNC with manufacturing operations in the USA
- Aditya Birla Group – The Indian Scenario
- In India, here’s what we have accomplished:
- The largest fashion (premium branded apparel) and lifestyle player
- The second-largest manufacturer and largest exporter of viscose filament yarn
- The largest producer in the chlor-alkali sector
- Among the top three mobile telephony companies
- A leading player in life insurance and asset management
- Among the top two supermarket chains in the retail business
- Among the top 6 BPO companies
- The largest manufacturer of linen fabric
Rock solid in fundamentals, the Aditya Birla Group nurtures a culture where success does not come in the way of the need to keep learning afresh, to keep experimenting.
Project Description :
Title : Project Report on Executive Development Grasim Industries, Inventory of Executive Manpower, Establishment of Training and Development Programme MBA HR Project Report, Executive Development Importance and Scope - 62 Pages
This project is our paid category, its cost is Rs. 2499/- only without Synopsis and Rs. 2999/- only with synopsis. If you need this project, mail us at this id : email@example.com or Call me at +91-8398957646.
We will send you a hardcopy with hard binding and a softcopy in CD from courier.